Re: [css3-3d-transforms] rotations, changes needed...

On Friday 2011-11-25 20:21 +0100, Daniel Glazman wrote:
> Le 25/11/11 19:38, Simon Fraser a Γ©crit :
>
> >I'd expect the following to all look the same:
> >
> >  rotate(10deg)
> >  rotate3d(0, 0, 1, 10deg)
>
> Exactly. So rotate3d() that is clockwise around the axis in the spec
> should be counter-clockwise, to be clockwise on the screen. What I said
> in my original message.

Does anything define what it means to be clockwise around an axis?
Clockwise and counterclockwise make sense in terms of a plane and an
observer on one side of that plane, but I don't know what they mean
in terms of an axis.  Can we use the right-hand rule instead?  Or
can we define that the relevant axis points from the plane to the
observer or vice-versa?

-David

--
π„ž   L. David Baron                         http://dbaron.org/   𝄂