Re: [css3-content] sizing of images inserted using the content property

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 20:14:51 +0100, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> This wording is much clearer, so we should use this if we keep the
>> specified
>> behavior. I just worry that it may be surprising to authors that adding
>> fallback after an image would cause the image to be sized differently.
>
> Me too. And displayed differently, like an inline-block instead of
> whatever it was before (e.g. a block), right?

I wonder if we should consider the parallel with css3-list image markers.

Images markers introduced through @counter-style are specified to be
rendered as inline replaced elements.

However, unless I am reading the spec wrong, this is not the case for
list-style-image.

I think we should be consistent about all images inserted into content
 from css, have none of them behave as replaced content, and add a
separate property to opt in the other behavior.

  - Florian