Re: [css3-background] color transition line

On Nov 1, 2011, at 10:25 AM, Simon Fraser wrote:

> On Nov 1, 2011, at 10:21 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 10:01 AM, Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com> wrote:
>>> <https://bug-9197-attachments.webkit.org/attachment.cgi?id=30423>
>>
>> Fantasai, Brad, this seems like *exactly* the sort of useful
>> illustration that should be in the spec.  It shows the wrong behavior,
>> but if changed to match what we want, it would be *really* useful for
>> both authors and implementors.
>
> As an implementor, I don't want the angle of the join to change based on border-radius. Border rendering is already hugely complex; I don't want to add any more complexity, without very good reason.

But your diagram indicates you are already doing so. FWIW, I agree with Tab. Based on your attachment, I think what you are doing in Webkit looks very reasonable. If nobody is doing what the spec says, and if the spec is unclear, then I'm favorable to changing the spec to do what Webkit is doing. But are there cases where it produces bad results?