Re: A Call for ::nth-everything

On 11/1/11 1:24 PM, Charles Pritchard wrote:
> They're going to be more performant than cluttering the DOM with span
> nodes.

Chances are no.  They won't.  Browsers have lots of optimizations for
elements already, and more importantly the ways in which elements can
change styles is much more limited than the nth-* setup.  This makes
dynamic changes to the DOM _much_ easier to handle when nth-* stuff is
not involved.

> nth-letter is specified in the same manner as ecmascript substr.

That's a completely bogus definition once you're out of the BMP.

Can we please stop defining these some-western-language-only kind of things?

-Boris