Re: [css3-background] color transition line

From: Øyvind Stenhaug <oyvinds@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 14:59:57 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org
On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 09:43:17 +0100, Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>
wrote:

> Perhaps my interpretation is the less common interpretation.

I would also have assumed that the "t17-diagonal.png" rendering in [1] is
what css3-backgrounds attempts to specify. I really can't imagine how one
would arrive at t17-ray.png - what is the underlying CSS assumed to be,
"border: 50px solid; border-color: red lime blue yellow; border-radius:
20px/90px" or thereabouts?

I disagree that the spec is "pretty clear" on this point, though.

"The center of color and style transitions between adjoining borders is at
the point on the curve"

Which curve?

"that is at an angle that is proportional to the ratio of the border
widths."

An angle relative to what, in what direction? Proportional how exactly?

"For example, [...] if the top is twice the width of the right the point
is at a 30° angle from the horizontal."

That seems just wrong.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2011Jul/0005.html

--