Re: [css3-images] Changing the angles in gradients

From: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 16:52:14 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org
On 05/18/2011 10:31 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> In general, it's the editor's responsibility to make the choices over
> the specs they edit.  Especially for relatively small details like
> this, it's definitely not standard practice to make it a WG issue
> first.  If you want to raise an issue, feel free, but the two editors
> of the spec agree on this change, and we've already established in the
> thread that two of the relevant implementors are fine with the change.

No, actually, it's the WG's responsibility, which in straightforward
and minor (or merely severely unstable), non-controversial cases is
delegated to the editor.

This is not a non-controversial issue, and it's relatively major--
not to implementers, for whom it's a trivial adjustment--but to
authors. It is definitely something that should be taken up and
resolved formally by the CSSWG.

Not that I disagree with your conclusion, but this WG does not
operate on the dictator-editor model, we operate by consensus in
the WG.

~fantasai