Re: transparency

On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 2:55 PM, Ricardo Ferreira
<ricardo.ferreira@9tree.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> I don't know if anyone have the same "problem", but I think that the
> transparency should have some parameter where I could specify that text and
> inputs (some elements pre-defined) don't have transparency on it.
> For example:
>   <input type="text" name="bar" />
>
> As you can see, the text and the input inside the div will be transparent
> too. The only way to get this work is defining the div (in this example),
> outside the div define the span and input and positioning the elements with
> absolute value..
> Example:
>   <input type="text" name="bar" />
>
> What's your opinion? Is there a way that I don't remembering?

The 'opacity' property is a blunt club that should only be used when
you really want the entire element to be partially transparent.

Like Paul said, if all you want is a transparent background, make a
transparent background.  Either use a PNG image with transparency, or
use the rgba() or hsla() functions to create a partially-transparent
background color.