Re: document transition effect

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 14:46:33 -0700
Cc: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>, "<www-style@w3.org>" <www-style@w3.org>
To: Fran├žois REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr>

On Mar 16, 2011, at 12:51 PM, Fran├žois REMY <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> How do you define "if the transition was smoothley enough" ? I don't think
> there's a one-fit-all definition.

By that I meant the properties for which there is a range of values (generally with numbers, lengths, etc. In them), not just keywords.

> For example, imagine a Metro-like button whith a 'red' background. If you
> want to have a smooth transition to an 'orange' background, you may be
> satisfied by a classical color blend. However, you may also want to decide
> that changing the background color was a sufficient reason to trigger a
> "checkerboard" visual transition.

OK, that's another alliterative. I didn't consider that, so I guess we could just say that if you author a checkerboard transition, that's what you'll get, so be careful.

> The last sample could be implemented easily using the "visual: <identifier>"
> property:
>
> .parent > * { display: none }
> .parent.firstChild { visual: first; visual-transition: push(left);}
> .parent.firstChild :nth-child(1) { display: block; }
> .parent.secondChild { visual: second; visual-transition: push(right); }
> .parent.secondChild :nth-child(2) { display: block; }
>
> But maybe something simpler exists. How would you that using your proposal ?

I think I'll have to get back yo you on that. I'm not sure I followed it all.