Re: [CSSOM] does CaretPosition need a "before/after" hint?

From: Mikko Rantalainen <mikko.rantalainen@peda.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 14:56:09 +0300
To: www-style@w3.org
> It seems that with the Mac split caret, one half shows where
> left-to-right text would be inserted and the other half shows where
> right-to-left text would be inserted. That can be calculated from the
> text, ignoring the attachment flag. So it still seems not to be a problem.

Wouldn't the Mac need the attachment flag internally to tell where to
insert character such as "." which has no explicit direction? It seems
to me that the attachment flag specifies which one of the split caret
parts is the "black" and which one is the "grey" one. I have no Mac to
test this, though.

--
Mikko