Re: New design for W3’s CSS website/blog

On 21/06/2011 3:36 PM, Oli Studholme wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I was really excited to see a new design for
> http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/ as it’s a marked improvement over the
> previous version. However, comparing it with Divya’s actual design:
> http://www.w3.org/blog/CSS/2011/06/08/csswg_redesign
>
> it seems like it hasn’t been fully implemented. None of the
> information architecture or aesthetic changes in the live side have
> been improvements over Divya’s design, so I was wondering when the
> current version will be replaced by the one here:
> http://csswg.inkedblade.net/staging/redesign/divya/
>
> as per the CSS-WG 2011-05-25 minutes resolution:
>
> On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 11:29 AM, fantasai
> <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>  wrote:
>> Website Issues
> …
>>   RESOLVED: Change the website over to the new design.
>

> Also, I was surprised the HTML source contained erratic attribute
> quoting, lacked closing tags for e.g.</p>  and</li>, and was
> hard-wrapped. While these are all permitted, I think learners of CSS
> would benefit if this website has best practices-based code for both
> CSS and HTML.
>
> peace - oli studholme

I would be interested to know what Bert is doing. Viewing the CSS with
the FF web developers toolbar and then closing it on Bert's reworking of
Divya's design causes this.

http://css-class.com/css-style.png

I did send a private message with screenshot to Bert in December 2010
about a similar issue when closing FF web developers toolbar on the late
2010 design.

http://css-class.com/css-current.png

Both pages show overlapping of elements and dropping of elements is just
so wrong. Also, diagonal lime and orange technicolor stripes may not
give someone confidence in using CSS.

--
Alan Gresley
http://css-3d.org/