Re: New design for W3s CSS website/blog

From: Oli Studholme <w3-style@boblet.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 14:36:41 +0900
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Hi All,

I was really excited to see a new design for
http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/ as its a marked improvement over the
previous version. However, comparing it with Divyas actual design:
http://www.w3.org/blog/CSS/2011/06/08/csswg_redesign

it seems like it hasnt been fully implemented. None of the
information architecture or aesthetic changes in the live side have
been improvements over Divyas design, so I was wondering when the
current version will be replaced by the one here:
http://csswg.inkedblade.net/staging/redesign/divya/

as per the CSS-WG 2011-05-25 minutes resolution:

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 11:29 AM, fantasai
<fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
> Website Issues

> RESOLVED: Change the website over to the new design.

Also, I was surprised the HTML source contained erratic attribute
quoting, lacked closing tags for e.g. </p> and </li>, and was
hard-wrapped. While these are all permitted, I think learners of CSS
would benefit if this website has best practices-based code for both
CSS and HTML.

peace - oli studholme