RE: Inline elements should be affected by 2D Transforms

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 02:00:20 +0000
To: Brian Blakely <anewpage.media@gmail.com>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
[Brian Blakely:]
> Boris,

> That is why support for inline elements was originally removed.  Which is silly.

With respect, that is not quite why. A bunch of implementations producing differing
outcomes given the same input can also be the symptom of a bigger problem: a lack of
use-cases to define what the proper behavior should be. I think this is one of those
and so do others on the WG; thus it would be most helpful if assertions of what should
happen were backed up with examples that demonstrate why a particular solution is the
most desirable behavior. There are many examples in the real world that involve
transforming a block element. Transformations of inline spans inside a larger body of
text is far less common afaik. But if you have several examples that concur then by
all means let's talk about them.