Re: Inline elements should be affected by 2D Transforms

From: Brian Blakely <anewpage.media@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 09:27:01 -0400
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
Boris,

That is why support for inline elements was originally removed.  Which is
silly.

There is a very strong precedent path for cases where popular, but varying,
implementations are introduced into spec.

Restored support for inline elements should follow an analysis of current
implementations, and either a single implementation is chosen as the
standard, or an amalgam that optimally satisfies.

As with everything, vendors will/won't modify their implementations once the
draft is updated, but spec omission shouldn't be an available excuse to
leave a good feature on the table.

To expedite resolution, I will create some additional, tangible test cases
and introduce a proposal for discussion.

-Brian