Re: [css3-transform] definition of skewing

No. The 3D transforms spec doesn't explain this very well yet (and WebKit's implementation doesn't yet do what I want), but the idea is that 3D transforms by default are just drawing effects, like 2D. You only start to run into interpenetration issues if you use transform-style: preserve-3d.

Simon