Re: [css3-transitions] Can/should a change of currentColor's computed value trigger a transition ?

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 20:53:35 -0500
To: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
On 2/11/11 5:42 PM, Sylvain Galineau wrote:
> If I have:
>
> #test {
> 	transition-property: background-color;
> 	transition-duration: 0.20s;
> 	background-color: currentColor;
> 	color:blue;
> }
>
> #test:hover {
> 	color:red;
> }
>
> What happens ?

The intent, last I checked, was that transitions happen when computed
values change (with exceptions made for computed value changes due to
transitions on ancestors and declarative animation).  So in this case I
would expect a transition on the background-color.  This is what Gecko
does, in fact.

-Boris