Re: 'border-image' confusion [css3-background]

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 17:52:19 -0800
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Cc: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>, "Eric A. Meyer" <eric@meyerweb.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 11:30 PM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like this to be made clear in in CSS3 B&B, so as not to have a dependency on an working draft when we take it to CR.

I'd prefer to just refer to a single canonical algorithm in general.
That said, B&B has several additional constraints, so it's probably
clearest if it goes ahead and defines the full sizing algorithm
itself, with the extra constraints explicitly inserted where
appropriate.

So, ideally, there'd be a single explicit algorithm in B&B, which is
just the Image Values algorithm made explicitly aware of B&B's extra
constraints.