Re: 'border-image' confusion [css3-background]

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 17:52:19 -0800
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Cc: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>, "Eric A. Meyer" <eric@meyerweb.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 11:30 PM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like this to be made clear in in CSS3 B&B, so as not to have a dependency on an working draft when we take it to CR.

I'd prefer to just refer to a single canonical algorithm in general.
That said, B&B has several additional constraints, so it's probably
clearest if it goes ahead and defines the full sizing algorithm
itself, with the extra constraints explicitly inserted where

So, ideally, there'd be a single explicit algorithm in B&B, which is
just the Image Values algorithm made explicitly aware of B&B's extra