Re: CSS Variables

From: Eli Morris-Heft <eli.morris.heft@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 10:29:50 -0600
To: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 14:19, Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>wrote:

> Care to elaborate on the volume and source of this feedback from
> implementors
> and authors ? It's hard to understand what 'overwhelming' means without any
> context. (Bonus points if they would send this feedback to the mailing
> list).

Count me in as an author who supports variables being IDENTs prefixed with $
at assignment and reference.

Not only does it prevent collisions with future (or current) keywords, but
it is nice that variables prefixed with $ would jump out and scream "I'm a
variable!" when scanning a stylesheet. This would be especially useful when
working on a stylesheet or group of stylesheets written by someone else
(say, a coworker).

-Eli Morris-Heft