[css3-speech] 'speakability' property name

From: Daniel Weck <daniel.weck@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 03:32:31 +0100
Hello !

I am not a native english speaker, so I would like to query your
opinion about the 'speakability' property name [1]. A better
alternative may be 'speaking', but I'm concerned about its
juxtaposition with the existing 'speak' property, and the resulting
potential misinterpretations.

Note that although CSS3-Speech is directly "inspired" by SSML [2], the
closest equivalent to the 'speak' CSS functionality is described in
the "say-as attribute values" W3C Note [3]. I would however not
recommend the use of "say-as" instead of 'speak', because in the case
of CSS3-Speech, the feature scope is much more limited (in other
words, using "say-as" would effectively be misleading).

Regards, Daniel

[1]
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-speech/#speaking-props

[2]