Re: [css3-selectors] Proposal for browser specific prefix

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 12:43:12 -0700
To: Alexander Shpack <shadowkin@gmail.com>
Cc: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, www-style@w3.org
On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 12:33 PM, Alexander Shpack <shadowkin@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Then you probably don't want to be using prefixed things at all.
>
> I don't want to write 5 (five!) similar rules. :)

Then both you and we have some options.

You can just avoid that feature until it's stable enough for browsers
to drop the prefix.  Alternately, you can just deal with the pain and
write out your the properties multiple times.

We can prioritize features that have acquired multiple prefixes, as
they're clearly popular, and get them stable and unprefixed as fast as
possible, even if the rest of the module they're in still needs to be
prefixed.

Both of these are good solutions.  Trying to pretend that browsers all
implement experimental properties the same way is not.

~TJ