Re: [css3-selectors] Proposal for browser specific prefix

From: Alexander Shpack <shadowkin@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 22:33:32 +0300
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
>> * UA feature, no spec available.
>
> You missed:
>
>  * Spec is incomplete (or nonexistent), UAs implement wildly different
>   things

My third option is same. :)

> Not really, no, for prefixed properties.

Ok, what about next behavior?

-something: foo;
 Use standard mode first, otherwise custom behavior

-ua-something: foo;
 Use custom behavior

something: foo;
 Use standard mode only

First case is more useful for web-developers. Feature is important,
not UA support. I don't want to remember, when or how concrete UA
supports concrete feature. Just give me required!

> Then you probably don't want to be using prefixed things at all.

I don't want to write 5 (five!) similar rules. :)