Re: [css3-selectors] Proposal for browser specific prefix

From: Alexander Shpack <shadowkin@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 21:29:52 +0300
To: www-style <www-style@w3.org>

> This has been discussed before.  It suffers from the fact that, when
> browsers differ from the standard in their experimental
> implementations, they quite commonly differ in slightly incompatible
> ways.  Folding them into a single property so that you can't target
> each browser with different code means that the prefix is somewhat
> unusable.

My proposition didn't cancel current behavior.

Possible 3 statements:
* Spec is incomplete, UA support it in testing mode.
* Spec is complete, UA support feature in standard mode.
* UA feature, no spec available.

Developers will use something: foo; in second case.
Otherwise  -ua-something: foo; in third case.
And -something: foo; for first one; (use - instead *), because every
UA should be as closer as possible to spec, is not right?

I do not want to change my CSS every 3 month, because UA behavior or
Spec was changed.
CSS hacks legalization is very bad idea, IMO.