Re: [css3-text] Tracking requests for future (was Hanging punctuation for Roman (was script-specific functionality

From: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 14:43:48 -0700
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>
CC: "Kang-Hao (Kenny) Lu" <kennyluck@w3.org>, WWW Style <www-style@w3.org>
On 4/8/11 10:22 AM, "fantasai" <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:

> On 04/08/2011 09:20 AM, Koji Ishii wrote:
>> That's a good suggestion, thank you Kenny.
>>
>> I would rather choose issue tracker rather than wiki though, as it's easier
>> to enter, maintain, track, and search. I remember there was a discussion to
>> use Bugzilla[1] for CSS issues. Once it's agreed and setup, it would probably
>> be ideal place to track issues.
>
> Personally I think the wiki should be fine for storing ideas for future
> discussion. There isn't a whole lot to track or search here, we just need
> a list like http://wiki.csswg.org/spec/selectors4 for now, and then we
> can turn those items into more definite spec items later.
>
> Wrt hanging-punctuation for Roman, I would prefer to leave this marked
> as an issue in CSS3 Text, since it presumably affects the definition of
> the values already there.
>
> ~fantasai

I've started a wiki page for future Text ideas

http://wiki.csswg.org/spec/text4

So far I've only added Roman hanging punctuation and Glyph scaling, as most
of the other things on my list (such as widow/orphan control) I've since
found in other drafts, and others really only make sense if there is a
multi­line composer to control.

Is the idea of a baseline grid expressed anywhere? If so, I'd like a pointer
to take a look. If not, I think it should go on a wiki brainstorming page
somewhere.

Thanks,

Alan