Re: [css3-text] script-specific functionality (microtypography)

On 04/07/2011 01:58 PM, Håkon Wium Lie wrote:

> I think this new property could work well with 'word-spacing' and
> 'letter-spacing'. I'm less sure about 'text-justify' -- it seems that
> it provides conflicting instructions on how to justify. For example,
> these are conflicting:
>
>    word-spacing: 0 0 0;
>    text-justify: inter-word;

This would be rather silly, but what it means is:
   * the first priority of justification is stretching inter-word
     spacing. (But since inter-word spaces are not stretchable,
     nothing happens in this step.)
   * the second priority of justification is stretching spacing
     everywhere else. Since none of the extra space was absorbed
     in the first step, this effectively means letter-spacing
     is used for justification.

~fantasai