Re: [CSS2.1] escapes, characters and parsing

* Alan Gresley wrote:
>In FF3.6.16 and FF4b the line is red for 'escapes-040'. This I find
>usual since when does '*' overrule 'div *' in specificity?
>

>     div * { background: green; }
>
>     .\06B0 \
>     * { background: red; }

It seems to me that a backslash followed by a newline character is an
escape sequence only within string literals. That would mean the back-
slash is literally a backslash with no effect on what follows. There's
currently no definition of what a backslash DELIM in a selector means,
so it would seem the selector is invalid and Firefox has a bug.