Re: [css3] [css21] browser specific CSS

On 4/1/11 8:11 AM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> I think you're making the fundamental mistake of assuming that if the
> functionality were available then it would be used well, on average.
> That's not what we're seeing with User-Agent sniffing, and I see little
> evidence that it would happen here. While it's _possible_ to correctly
> use version information, in practice it seems too difficult for most
> authors.

Just to clarify: correctly using version information is pretty
complicated, but using version information to work around bugs _looks_
like a simple solution.  This means it gets used frequently, and most of
the people doing so do it wrong.  Not because they couldn't do it right
if they tried, but because they don't even realize they need to try.

-Boris