RE: Extend use of namespaces

> From: www-style-request@w3.org [mailto:www-style-request@w3.org] On
> Behalf Of Paul Duffin

> I don't dispute the initial motivation for adding it but it seems to me
> that the language used in the specification indicates that considerable
> thought went into making it suitable for use as a general mechanism for
> namespacing CSS identifiers in general.

Considerable thought ? Because it lets you infer a usage pattern one of
the original editors is explicitly disagreeing with ?

> Personally, I find the namespaces specification well written and its
> intent and purpose very clear.

If it can interpreted to mean something its authors believe it did not intend
then its purpose may not be so clear and thus its writing would be deficient
in this respect.

I strongly agree that is we did need to add namespaces *to* CSS it should use
a different syntax than that used *by* CSS to referenced namespaces in documents.