Re: 'initial' | 'inherit' inconsistency

From: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 10:18:39 +1100
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
CC: "Eric A. Meyer" <eric@meyerweb.com>, www-style@w3.org
Alan Gresley wrote:
[snip]

> Eric, you're looking at an old working draft. Haven't checked all recent
> drafts for any missing inherit values but the recent drafts can be found
> here.
>
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/
>

> CSS Backgrounds and Borders Module Level 3 - Editor's Draft 27 October
> 2010,
>
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-background/
>
> has inherited for all properties as I can see.

I am wrong, you're talking about inherit as a value such as value
<color> | inherit.

Starting at the CSS Backgrounds and Borders Module Level 3. At '3.2
background-color', the value has <color> which links to '2. Values'
and following the link [CSS3COLOR] at the end of the line for <color>
take you to '11. Normative references'. From where you can go here,

http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-css3-color-20080721/

and then down to '3.1 color' to find this.

Value: 	<color> | inherit

In the process, I could had skipped this part at the end of '2. Values'.

--
Alan http://css-class.com/