Re: 'initial' | 'inherit' inconsistency

From: Philippe Wittenbergh <ph.wittenbergh@l-c-n.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 08:34:59 +0900
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
To: Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com>

On Oct 30, 2010, at 7:08 AM, Alan Gresley wrote:

> CSS Backgrounds and Borders Module Level 3 - Editor's Draft 27 October 2010,
>
> http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-background/
>
> has inherited for all properties as I can see.

The document mentions for every property whether it inherits or not, by default.

It does _not_ say specifically, for every property, that the property accepts the keyword 'inherit' as a value. That is only listed in chapter 2, 'Values'.
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-background/#values

(and Eric has a point - despite having read that document multiple times, right now I missed seeing that line in a quick scanning of the page to verify what Allan says).

I don't see it as readability problem adding 'inherit' for each property.

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
http://l-c-n.com/