Re: [css3-mediaqueries] tv and screen media types

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:58:32 +0200, Rune Lillesveen <rune@opera.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:52:35 +0200, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 20:45:51 +0200, Tab Atkins Jr.
>> <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The same applies to media types like 'handheld' and 'projection' -
>>> Opera, I know, has to go through some ridiculous contortions to try
>>> and respect them when they exist without breaking the web otherwise.
>>
>> We have moved away from that for quite a while now.
>
> I don't think so.

A short answer, perhaps. We still do the projection media detection in our
fullscreen mode where the presence of projection media results in
projection media for the canvas, otherwise screen.

We don't do the handheld media detection in the default rendering mode for
the Opera Mobile products, but it's still used for the "small screen
rendering" or whatever it's called in the UI nowadays.

--
Rune Lillesveen
Senior Core Developer / Architect