Re: [css3-transitions] shorthand/longhand handling in transition property

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@dbaron.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 15:06:59 -0700
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Cc: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>, Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Monday 2010-10-25 14:56 -0700, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> I don't understand.  Dbaron is saying that the current spec text
> suggests (b).  I am supporting the same thing that dbaron appears to
> be.

Well, the current spec text says (a) and (b) do the same thing, so
I'm not sure that comparing them is useful; if you want to think of
the processing model in terms of expansion and conversion of
property values (which is probably not the best idea), you go
through both stages:  the shorthand expands to all four of its
subproperties (so it's like b), but then one of those subproperties
is ignored (so it's like a) because it's overridden by a later
occurrence.

-David