Re: [css3-transitions] shorthand/longhand handling in transition property

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 2:47 PM, Sylvain Galineau
<sylvaing@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Tab Atkins wrote:
>> (b) is certainly how I expect this to work.
>
> It seems David and I agree that your expectation is contrary to the current
> spec prose which actually calls for a) :
>
> # If a property is specified multiple times in the value of ‘transition-property’
> # (either on its own or via a shorthand that contains it), then the transition that
> # starts uses the duration, delay, and timing function at the index corresponding to
> # the last occurrence of the property.
>
> Note the "(either on its own or via a shorthand that contains it)" clause. This is what
> WebKit does today afaict.

I don't understand.  Dbaron is saying that the current spec text
suggests (b).  I am supporting the same thing that dbaron appears to
be.

> The problem with b) is that we're saying two transitions may be running on the same
> shorthand but I very much doubt that's desirable. I don't think we can or should
> collapse duplicates in some cases and not others.

I'm sorry, but I can't understand this paragraph at all.