[css3-transitions] How mismatched transition-* value lengths are resolved

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 23:28:05 +0000
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
CC: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, Chris Marrin <cmarrin@apple.com>
Following up on http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2009Aug/0109.html.

I was wondering if we could resolve this pending issue. I'm leaning towards David's
proposal i.e. the transition-property list defined the length to which other
transition-* properties are truncated or repeated, as is done for background-*
property by background-image. Given that duplicate properties are handled on
a last-one-wins basis, repeating the transition-property list itself seems less
desirable and more prone to causing unwelcome surprises.