Re: [css3-ui] styling of form elements

From: Andrew Fedoniouk <andrew.fedoniouk@live.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 20:56:33 -0800
To: "Brad Kemper" <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news@terrainformatica.com>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "Belov, Charles" <Charles.Belov@sfmta.com>, "www-style list" <www-style@w3.org>

From: "Brad Kemper" <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 13, 2010 8:14 PM
To: "Andrew Fedoniouk" <news@terrainformatica.com>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>; "Belov, Charles"
<Charles.Belov@sfmta.com>; "www-style list" <www-style@w3.org>
Subject: Re: [css3-ui] styling of form elements

> On Nov 13, 2010, at 4:19 PM, "Andrew Fedoniouk"
> <andrew.fedoniouk@live.com> wrote:
>
>> Usually browser window is open in full. Anyone can create inside
>> something that looks like standard OS window.
>
> I guess you don't use Mac, then. I sometimes wonder why Microsoft didn't
> name their OS "fullscreens", since so many of it's users.seem to distain
> the concept of multiple overlapping windows. In my own usage, I very often
> have popup minus that extend outside the window.

I do not understand your concerns then, sorry.

On iPhone OS you can create web page/app that will span full screen without
even traces of browser's chrome.
And there you can mimic any standard elements of the OS so they will be
indistinguishable from native application.
What problem do you see with that?

--
Andrew Fedoniouk

http://terrainformatica.com