Re: [flex-units] unit abbreviations and the flex()

On May 28, 2010, at 11:12 AM, Zack Weinberg <zweinberg@mozilla.com>
wrote:

> Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:
>> No, I agree. But that's why I mentioned 'margin: calc(1fl + 2px)',
>> which would be a 2px hard lower boundary, supposing that '1fl' might
>> typically be much more than that, but capping it at 2px in case it
>> wasn't.
>
> Wait, what?  Weren't you just arguing for '1fl' to be allowed to be
> negative?

Yes, but margin can't be less than zero. I guess I was thinking margin
would hit zero, not go any lower, and then the 2px would be added
back, but you're right, that doesn't really make mathmatical sense.