Re: [css-3 colors] Transparent backgrounds

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 13:09:25 -0400
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
CC: www-style@w3.org
On 5/24/10 12:57 PM, Brad Kemper wrote:
> The main thing I have wanted to use transparent viewport backgrounds for
> is iframe viewports, to blend with the content that holds the iframe.

Gecko makes iframe viewports transparent by default.  So does webkit (at
least in Safari and Chrome, though the Safari version over here has a
nasty flicker of white before painting the thing behind the iframe
sometimes).  Iframes seem to be transparent by default in Opera too.

It's probably worth specifying this (perhaps in the HTML specification?).

-Boris.