Re: [css-3 colors] Transparent backgrounds

Yes, I agree. This is not a CSS issue; it is a "what's behind the viewport" issue. Webkit can render transparent viewport backgrounds, as it does in Dashboard, but it doesn't need to have the Safari background be transparent to show other tabs or other apps. I would be kind of cool to show the appropriate slice of the desktop picture, but that actually is likely to cause more problems than anything else (for existing content that might have transparent set on the background), and it is truly a UA design choice, not CSS issue.

The main thing I have wanted to use transparent viewport backgrounds for is iframe viewports, to blend with the content that holds the iframe.