Re: Selectors, vendor prefixes (again...) and IE9

From: timeless <timeless@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 12:49:46 +0300
To: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Cc: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Daniel Glazman

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2010/05/13/the-css-corner-css3-selectors.aspx

https://developer.mozilla.org/En/CSS/::selection
> Summary
> The ::-moz-selection (::selection) pseudo-element applies to the
> portion of a document that has been highlighted (e.g. selected
> with the mouse) by the user.

My initial read of this "paragraph" indicated that ::selection was the
same and would be supported by Mozilla. I don't read MDC articles
about CSS often, so I consider myself a typical web dev when I started
reading this: I went to that page looking for specific information and
thought I got it.

> Notes
> Gecko/Firefox supports ::-moz-selection, use also
> ::selection for some other browsers.

"Firefox supports ..." is missing 'only' -- as written, I don't see any
reason to think that it doesn't support ::selection.

"use also" should be "also use", but it doesn't help your case.

> Browser compatibility
> Browser 	Lowest Version 	Support of
> Opera 	9.5 	::selection
> Safari (WebKit) 	1.1 (100) 	::selection

I really don't like the way the MDC article is written, I had to read
all the way to the bottom to discover that ::selection isn't supported.

[1] https://developer.mozilla.org/En/CSS/::selection
[2] http://www.zeldman.com/
[3] http://dribbble.com/