Re: Selectors, vendor prefixes (again...) and IE9

On Fri, 14 May 2010 11:26:53 +0200, Daniel Glazman
> That means that at this time, ::selection is NOT standard,
> that the Microsoft spec behind ::selection is definitely an interesting
> contribution to the future standardization debate but it's also
> potentially NOT the final specification for that feature. In other
> terms, that ::selection should really be a ::-ms-selection until the
> CSS Working Group reaches consensus on that. On a side note, and unless
> I missed a message, the spec for that implementation by Microsoft of
> ::selection was not submitted to the CSS Working Group for discussion.

I think the cat may be out of the bag with that one. We also ship it as
::selection. Much like with overflow-x/overflow-y there is little point in
going back I think. In fact, it would break things.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/