RE: [CSS21] Issue 149 - px vs. pt

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 17:17:28 +0000
To: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>
CC: "robert@ocallahan.org" <robert@ocallahan.org>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

If we're talking about XUL running on a phone, sure. But the web
page rendered by the browser may still not get the physical viewport
size. In practice context will be provide a switch i.e. if you're writing
a web app that runs offline and launches from its own icon on a device, you
want and will get a physical viewport size. If it's a web page, you may never
know because the browser can lie to you.