RE: [css3-text-layout][svg] writing-mode values across CSS and SVG

From: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 21:16:25 +0000
To: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>
CC: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, Doug Schepers <doug@schepers.cc>, Patrick Dengler <patd@microsoft.com>, Kevin Babbitt <kbabbitt@microsoft.com>

I wasn't aware of this. Since Backgrounds & Borders states it explicitly,
but Text Layout didn't I assumed this was an oversight. I'd rather have
each module remind the reader of this and highlight it as it has proven
confusing to new authors/implementors/testers.

[1] http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-background/#values

> However, I'm not sure how much this makes sense now that many
> modules reference CSS2.1 instead of css3-syntax.

Right. Thanks !