Re: [css3-background] box-shadow spread Multiple Choice Question

From: Brendan Kenny <bckenny@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:39:48 -0500
To: Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>
Cc: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 2:13 PM, Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Brendan Kenny:
>> "blur-radius" does make sense, but plain "blur" might be better there, I'm
>> not sure.
>
> Except that Brad's right -- it's a diameter not a radius.
>
> - Brian

As defined

"The blur radius is perpendicular to and centered on the shadow's edge
and defines a gradient color transition ranging from the full shadow
color at the radius endpoint inside the shadow to fully transparent at
the endpoint outside it."

and as usually implemented (as a Gaussian or Gaussian-like function),
radius is the more appropriate term. However, the distinction isn't
terribly important, as radius and diameter are (obviously) just a
constant factor apart. The current language would just have to be
tweaked accordingly.