Re: Flexbox Draft, with pictures!

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 10:13 AM, Alex Mogilevsky <alexmog@microsoft.com> wrote:
> [...]

Does that change the behavior of a "width:auto;margin:0;" child, which
right now is treated like "width:1fl;margin:0" and automatically
expanded as much as it can be?

> - "align" has to deal with non-zero margins and padding already; if those are calculated using flex or anything else it doesn't change any of align code.

Would this have any effect if any of the vertical lengths were
flexible, or does it only have an effect when the total height of the
margin box is inflexible (either because all the vertical lengths are
inflexible, or if all of the flexible ones have hit their maximum
size)?  That is, what effect does box-align:center have on a child
with "margin: 0 0 1fl 0;" (which aligns the child to the top).
Similarly, does box-align:stretch change the behavior of height:auto?
(Again, right now height:auto computes to 1fl if it's the only
flexible vertical length on the box, or 'fit-content' otherwise.)

I personally doubt the additional complexity in the model to handle
pack/align alongside flex lengths is worthwhile, especially if you
have to avoid using flexible lengths at all for them to have a
noticeable effect.