Re: [css3-background] Where we are with Blur value discussion

On Jul 15, 2010, at 2:14 PM, Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com> wrote:

> Any solution that would require authors
> to monkey with input values when jumping from one feature to the other would be a fail imo.

We already have to monkey with it, because if we assign a blur value we don't have a intuitive way of knowing how much space (in pixels) that blur will cover. So we assign a guess, view it in a browser, see if it should be bigger or smaller, rinse and repeat. With a good editor that could be easier, but it's still not as good as assigning a number and then knowing exactly what it will do to the shadow.