Re: [css3-background] Where we are with Blur value discussion

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 17:03:16 -0700
To: Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>
Cc: Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>, "L. David Baron" <dbaron@dbaron.org>, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>, Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>, Brendan Kenny <bckenny@gmail.com>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 4:53 PM, Sylvain Galineau
<sylvaing@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Check, thanks. Then I'm not sure I understand how Aryeh knows Opera is correct. Note that I'm
> not saying he's wrong; I'm saying *I* don't get it :)

Aryeh's only testing SVG and <canvas>, both of which have a
well-defined mapping from input to stdevs (different for the two, but
well-defined).  Assuming that the browsers are using the same
underlying function for the two blurs, one can easily find inputs for
each that should lead to the same output.

> And it sounds like we already have some amount of fail for authors. Although that may
> also be a reflection of my blind spots.

No, it's pretty failtastic.  ;_;

~TJ