Re: Text selector [was Re: breaking overflow]

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 09:00:19 +1300
To: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Cc: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
It seems like this is fundamentally a question of goals. Should CSS strive
to enable any desired presentation of a document, regardless of its
structure? I've always assumed that was not a goal of CSS (but more so of
XSLT). If it is a goal, I think we should take a step back and think about
the use cases some more. For example, should CSS be able to render Mediawiki
markup?

Rob
53:5-6]