RE: [CSS3-text] text-underline-position and superscript

From: Koji Ishii <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 05:09:30 -0500
To: Ambrose LI <ambrose.li@gmail.com>, "Belov, Charles" <Charles.Belov@sfmta.com>
Are you sure that you two are talking about the same issue?

>From what I understand, what Charles wants is to fix underlines for superscript and subscript. I agree that what current browsers do today seems odd, but I'm not sure if we need more values to text-underline-position.

Does anyone want the current behavior? It looks to me that it's just a bug we should fix without adding new values.

What Ambrose wants is what Kenny brought up before[1] and discussion wasn't followed up by anyone. If you could follow that up, that'd be helpful.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Dec/0117.html

Regards,
Koji