Re: [css3-page] "odd/even" for "page-break-before|after"?

From: Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper@crissov.de>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 13:07:36 +0200
To: "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
Boris Zbarsky:
> In my experience, books in English and Russian have page 1 on the right; I can't think of any exceptions offhand.

The only exceptions I can think of, are “landscape” books, bound at the top (or bound on the left with the content rotated π/2) and therefore having the first page on the bottom.

> That means that odd-numbered pages need a larger left-margin and even-numbered pages need a larger right-margin. (…)
> Or in other words, odd-numbered pages need a bigger margin-start, while even-numbered pages need a bigger margin-end, in both cases.

But if you want to print two (or more) pages on the same face of a sheet of paper, it can be the other way around, because the inner margins add up. This is of course different from double-page layouts in magazines or atlases, including centerfolds.