Re: [css3-page] "odd/even" for "page-break-before|after"?

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 22:17:05 -0400
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: Ishii Koji <kojiishi@gluesoft.co.jp>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
On 8/27/10 9:29 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Is there a common pattern for which side page 1 starts on?

Sort of.

In my experience, books in English and Russian have page 1 on the right;
I can't think of any exceptions offhand.  That means that odd-numbered
pages need a larger left-margin and even-numbered pages need a larger
right-margin.

Books in Hebrew, iirc, mostly have page 1 on the left.  That means a
larger right-margin for odd-numbered pages and a larger left-margin for
even-numbered ones.

Or in other words, odd-numbered pages need a bigger margin-start, while
even-numbered pages need a bigger margin-end, in both cases.

I can't speak to conventions in other languages.

-Boris