Re: [css3-background]Positioning of box-shadow blurs?

On Apr 28, 2010, at 7:02 PM, Brian Manthos wrote:

>> It's "outside".  The solid portion of the shadow is unaffected by the blur.
>> ~TJ
>
> I couldn't find any discussion of the direction the blur, um, spreads in the spec.  It seems like it should be there.

It's in that last sentence you quoted below, "The exact algorithm is not specified."

And actually, Tab is incorrect, at least in regard to Webkit, which centers the blur along the edge. As shown here:

http://www.bradclicks.com/cssplay/Blur-vs-Corner_result.png