Re: [css3-background] box-shadow spread radius and rounded corners

From: Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 23:04:22 -0700
Cc: fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, Sylvain Galineau <sylvaing@microsoft.com>, "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>, Brian Manthos <brianman@microsoft.com>, Prabs Chawla <pchawla@microsoft.com>, Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
To: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>

On Apr 27, 2010, at 8:07 PM, Simon Fraser wrote:

> I don't understand what the 'spread' value is trying to do. Can someone post links to some pictures?

Here is a less extreme example:

http://www.bradclicks.com/cssplay/spread2.png

The one with spread is on the right. You can see that it made the shadow extend our further from its normal edge, as though an even stroke was drawn around it (the width of the spread value) prior to applying the blur. Thus the blur is no blurrier.